Monday, May 23, 2011

Getting Old

I notice as days go by that things have definitely changed. I cannot drink all night and pop up like a freshly watered perky daisy. I cannot workout and NOT feel my knees and shoulders screaming at me for the extra torture. I cannot give a care for silly nonsense that used to mean a lot more a few years ago. I let people vent and not roll my eyes. I stop and take a good look at things I used to fly by. I know that things are always changing, but I never imagined that I could change as well. I still feel like I am the same person I was 20 years ago..... how is it that now I am in my mid 30's? Where does time go? I know that the older generations are slowly leaving us and that, to me, is the biggest loss we can experience. I know that I wish I would have asked more questions and learned more from my great grandparents. They have been gone for a while now, 20 years almost. I still have one set of grandparents and every time I see them I enjoy just letting them tell me about their past...it just never is enough. A whole lifetime of different experiences gone with the person. I wish we all kept journals or some kind of diary that logged eventful days, experiences or anything that is significant. I guess I am a little nostalgic when I hear of a family loss. I know we are not going to be around forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment