Friday, December 28, 2012

The Waiting Game

So I recently went to get my one year scan after my I-131 scan that I did last year. This year I did the I-123 scan which is a different type of scan, because the 123 scan is diagnostic and the 131 was treatment. They both show up in the scanner in the same way - the difference (the one that mattered to me) was that I did not have to be in isolation for the many days that I did last year. I did the same routine as last year: day one - thyrogen shot, day tow - thyrogen shot, day three - radiation pill, day four - scan. Funniest thing is that I had the same Nuclear Medicine guy doing my dosage this year so it was nice to see a familiar face even when you have to deal with all the crazy diagnostic stuff. He did NOT have to wear the crazy suit and held the pill container with no tongs. He said that the dosage was WAY different and that this one posed no harm to anyone exposed to the radiation pill or me. :) The actual scan is the most painful part of it. You have to lay still for over an hour. I tell you what...your nose never itches until you KNOW you cannot scratch it. For real. :( Seems like he got a good scan and now to get confirmation form the Endocrinologist to make sure that I am clear. I have a pretty good feeling about it - I just hate not knowing for sure.... More later, Eldahg

No comments:

Post a Comment