Thursday, March 17, 2011

This is me, Eldahg

Hello I am Eldahg , you can say it like: L-dog. My name is Elda. Oh and yes, I always have to spell it out. Every introduction is always something like this: "Hi, I'm Elda," pause - confused look from other party, then: "E-L-D-A". It's quite alright, I am used to it! So, aside from having a unique name (not in a weird way, thankfully), I was raised vegetarian. Interestingly, I am Mexican. So the combination of my heritage with the lifestyle of being vegetarian is rather confusing, for some. I love it. I am Ovo-lacto Vegetarian, not a vegan. Elda minus cheese, is not a happy one.

I was born in Mexico in a small town in the southern part of the state of Guanajuato. Acámbaro is just a darling little town that I love to be in. My parents are still there, so I visit a couple of times a year. Yes, we drive. That will be a whole different blog as I get into details of our 15-17 hour drives - one way.

I was raised in West Texas, Midland to be exact. I honestly don't miss the place, just the people. I moved to Mexico the summer after my freshman year. Talk about culture shock! I am grateful today for the opportunity, but the 15 year old Elda is still pretty upset!

I am a mother to a wonderful son. David Alan is 14 and has started to become an adult. This scares me more than I wish to share. I love him and am proud of the man he is turning into (my constant battling and pushing and threats help) He is a musician and is quite talented. He is going to be a freshman in the fall, boy he is looking forward to high school! Me, not so much....

I have been in a relationship with Sean for almost ten years now. Off and on we make it work. He is amazingly funny and loves me just as much as I love him. We have so much fun together and learn things together. Some of these things could be considered silly or boring, but who doesn't love the History Channel??? He is my best friend, and that is all that really matters.

My hobbies are pretty basic: Gardening, sewing, salsa dancing, scuba diving, and wasting endless hours on FaceBook. I am trying to learn how to knit - but I am not succeeding at this!

I love shoes, coffee and working out...yes, in that order.

I think I covered most of the basics of who I am. Just a vegetarian Mexican in Austin, Texas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment